Tuesday, March 15, 2016

TV Review: New Girl

So, I've been watching New Girl for years now... and I've loved it. Until they made the two people with the best tension try to date (no spoilers, you know me) and it messed up the roommate dynamic completely!

Based on this, when Jess got sequestered on Jury Duty (aka Zooey's maternity leave) I made the challenging decision to stop watching New Girl. I knew I was going to miss Jess' random singing and Nick's grouchy old man personality. But it was the perfect opportunity to try to give up on the show completely! Just let it go, Holley. Let it go.

Alas, that was not to be. I had to go and add the show to my Hulu queue, and the Type A girl in me can NOT handle all these shows looking at me with notifications saying "Watch me!" So instead of just removing them, I decided to watch them while blogging and internet-ing.

I was wrong, and I'm so sorry, New Girl writers! I am not Megan Fox's biggest fan. Honestly, I'm not a fan of her at all. Regardless of the fact that we hail from the same city. I don't care. I hate her. But somehow, I have laughed harder in the last two episodes than I have in at least two seasons.

In all honesty, as weird as I feel saying this, Megan Fox is saving this show for me. She fits in well with the group. Her weirdness meshes well and somehow it has become perfect again.

So I'll be spending some time trying to catch up, which won't take me too long, and I'll check back in after this season (5) ends...

Please, New Girl writers, don't fail me again... keep doing what you're doing, and I will keep hanging in!




No comments:

Post a Comment

© Ink & Imagery | Blogger Template by Enny Law